Managing airline Qantas, together with joint owners and oneworld partners Cathay Pacific and British Airways, officially unveiled the new stylish and spacious Los Angeles Business Lounge at Los Angeles International Airport.
The Los Angeles Business Lounge offers a new standard of luxury for customers travelling with Qantas, Cathay Pacific and British Airways from Los Angeles.
– Qantas, Cathay and British Airways Business and First* customers;
– Qantas Chairmans Lounge, Platinum One, Platinum Frequent Flyers* ;
– Marco Polo Club Diamond and Executive Club Gold members* ;
– Executive Club Gold* and Silver members;
– Gold Qantas Frequent Flyers, Marco Polo Club Gold and Executive Club Silver members;
– Oneworld Emerald* and Sapphire customers; and
– Qantas Club members
Location The Los Angeles Business Lounge is located on Level 5, in the newly renovated Los Angeles International Terminal.
Lounge features – Designed by award-winning global studio, Woods Bagot reflecting Californian culture and signature elements of each airline;
– Warm and relaxing ambiance in combination with a contemporary and premium design aesthetic;
– Iconic mid-century American designed furniture;
– New dining area;
– Seating for 400 customers, increasing to 600 in early 2015;
– Cocktail bar offering signature cocktails and premium wines;
– Circular fireplace to relax and socialise around;
– Central glass atrium providing natural light and space
– Business facilities including new workstations and faster WiFi; and
– Nine shower suites with Aurora Spa amenities. Dining experience
– Qantas Chef Neil Perry has designed new menus based on signature Qantas Lounge favourites, with influences of multicultural Los Angeles including Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Korean and US West Coast street food.
Renowned Qantas Chef Neil Perry has designed the new menus based on signature Qantas Lounge favourites, with influences of multicultural Los Angeles including Italian, Mexican, Chinese, Korean and US West Coast street food.
Californian food carts similar to the pop-up dining concept offer freshly prepared dishes such as crumbed cod tacos with red cabbage slaw and lime chipotle mayo and Asian-spiced chicken wings. Customers can also enjoy a variety of hot and cold dishes from an enhanced buffet.
Qantas has partnered with Sofitel to offer a service experience consistent with the standards across its Sydney, Melbourne, Hong Kong and Singapore lounges. The service includes a hosted experience for customers travelling in First, Platinum Frequent Flyers and oneworld Emerald members with exclusive services including shirt pressing, shoe shining and priority access to showers.
Upon completion the Business Lounge will also include seven additional shower suites bringing the total to 16, a Family Zone and a dedicated dining area. Customers in the dining area will be offered a daily plate choice with matching premium wine or beer and able to enjoy Qantas signature dishes from an additional buffet area.
A new world class Qantas First Lounge accommodating over 200 customers will open in Los Angeles in line with the completion of the Los Angeles Business Lounge. While the new Qantas First Lounge refurbishment is in progress, Qantas, Cathay Pacific and British Airways First and premium tier Frequent Flyers will use the new Los Angeles Business Lounge.
Cathay Pacific Airways flies four times daily from Los Angeles to Hong Kong and beyond, including over 22 destinations in Mainland China. Cathay also offers daily flights from Chicago – increasing to 10 flights per week on August 2, 2014 – four times daily from New York (JFK), daily from Newark Liberty, double daily from San Francisco and Vancouver, 10 flights per week from Toronto; and cargo flights to 15 cities across the Americas.
British Airways, part of International Airlines Group, is one of the world's leading global premium airlines and the largest international carrier in the UK. The carrier has its home base at London Heathrow, the world's busiest international airport and flies to more than 70 different countries. British Airways carries almost 40 million customers a year and has a fleet of more than 280 aircraft. It operates twice daily A380 services from Los Angeles to London Heathrow’s Terminal 5.